Author Topic: Do you happen to know a game called BulletRun?  (Read 788 times)

Offline Sergio Turbo

• Coltgames Trusted Member
Do you happen to know a game called BulletRun?
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
It was a rather fun online FPS... until Sony Online Enternaiment decided to shut it down after it wasn't making enough money (and after letting the developer, ACONY, go bankrupt). And that doesn't surprise me, as they claimed to be listening to us players but kept doing the exact opposite if what we asked and never advertised the game enough. (NOBODY knows BulletRun. NOBODY.)

There's still a loyal fanbase out there, though, and it is based on Unreal Engine, so I need to ask it here.

Do you happen to know anyone in the indie gaming community that is going to be able and willing to crack it open and make it standalone? Of course several bits of the game would have to be completely reworked (the marketplace and leveling stuff cant work without central servers to store data).

I don't care if it is illegal. There's several BulletRun gamers who invested a lot in microtransactions for this game as they believed in it, and SOE took their money and let the game die after just seven months. It's time to take what they had promised us in the first place... with them willing or not.

Offline Colt

• Administrator
Re: Do you happen to know a game called BulletRun?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:25:52 AM »
It doesn't sound like it is really possible to simply continue playing this game after the servers have been taken offline. Regardless of being able to get the game running on a private server, all your progress in your character(s); has been lost.

Its unfortunate Sergio, these things happen.

Colt approves this message

Offline Sergio Turbo

• Coltgames Trusted Member
Re: Do you happen to know a game called BulletRun?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »
Yeah. I guess I was a bit upsed that day.

However, I have a little gem to share here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srfUR9Qalgc

The last 30-40 minutes of BulletRun in a gameplay (and celebration photoshoot) video by UnSpotibleShadow, starring some "big name" players... and me.

Look who is leading the red team when the gameplay begins... And yes, in the last game I kinda sucked. As BulletRun was shutting down, I was mainly fooling around with my Beretta. Seriously, I want more games with the 92/M9 in it.

anything